What a couple of days I have had. Saturday I took care of some errands and then ended up at Borders for coffee, a couple of books for the road, and a quiet reading place. While there I was reminded that Borders has my all time favorite carrot cake. I successfully resist in for months at a time and considering how many times I visit Borders in just ONE month, that is a lot of resistance. However, yesterday was different. Yesterday I realized that I would need to say good-bye to the luscious treat.
Getting a slice of cake post-surgery would be like buying an entire cake now and then consuming it over a period of several days. I don't see cake as a gone item but I do know that for the foreseeable future, it will be absent. And, when it appears again, it will be one or two bites only. I know I have a lot to learn yet and actual experience is only an idea at this point but I sure did enjoy saying good-bye to my favorite carrot cake yesterday.
At 4:00 Don and I met up at Starbucks. I was coffee'd out from Borders but it was nice sitting there for an hour just visiting outside and away from the house. After about an hour, the noise level really cranked up and that was our signal to go home.
Today Elaine and I headed to the mall for the much looked forward to shopping expedition. Since clothes shopping is one of my least favorite things to do, having a friend along made it easier. And not only was it easier, it was more successful. Not only did E not pull any punches on what not to wear (thank you Stacy and Clint) but she forced me to try on a pair of WHITE carpi's - something that I would not have dreamed of doing since I'm such a dirt magnet. Anyway, it was a great success. I have two complete looks and a few things in the wardrobe already that will fill things out.
Later we went to JoAnne's Fabrics and we were maximally disappointed. Bummer. But it was a truly successful day. Food wasn't crazy and going out and about having fun with a friend definitely keeps one's mind off of food.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(71)
-
▼
June
(10)
- What a couple of days I have had. Saturday I took ...
- Have a busy day ahead of me. Just had coffee blac...
- Here's A Thought
- Did more lapband reading. so much to absorb (if yo...
- Had coffee and a muffin this morning. My mind is s...
- I am in a time of mental preparation. I know ther...
- It's a beautiful Sunday morning. Don and I drove ...
- It's Saturday morning. The shower is warming up. I...
- Last night I ate herb breaded talapia, baked.coles...
- Things have changed
-
▼
June
(10)
1 comment:
Cake, coffee, capris-you're all set. As for the noise level - I must agree. At times I feel so disappointed at the onslaught, takes away the fun. I'm getting too old. What were you looking for at JoAnne's?
Post a Comment