Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I am in a time of mental preparation. I know there will be more expected of me after the lap band procedure that has ever been expected of me physically. I suspect childbirth won't even compare to what I've chosen to face.

I've parked far away from Raleys so that I have to walk across the parking lot to get to the store. I'm doing little things to add steps to my day but not enough yet. Still eating but showing some restraint now. Had a hamburger today but chose fruit instead of fries or potato salad. Skipped breakfast. Not good.

I started reading the material Trish gave me on obesity and bariatric surgery and nutrition etc. etc. The reading is very no-nonsense and straightforward.

I spoke to Jennifer today from Dr. Uytingco's office (my GP). My labs came back with surprisingly good news. Sugar is normal and my bad cholesterol is only 130. A few years back it was 170. He wants me at 100 or less. Don't think I got the reading for the good C but it must be okay or she would have been more specific about it.

Tonight I did the first of two stool samples. (Ick - TMI!!) but sending this off will test for blood in my system. Blood would be bad.

So - tomorrow more walking. Add a few more steps. Get the mail myself. Maybe walk to MSR. Do more reading on Trish's material. It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment