Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pistol Packing Patriots Posted by Annie Jeffries on June 20, 2011 at original NVP site

Geneva and Kent Brett, members of the California Gunslingers Association, invited TEA Party Patriots to their quick draw shooting range for a morning and afternoon of firing wax bullets from a couple of six shooters.

Pictured here is Tawohi and The Undertaker




Saturday morning the 18th, Don Jeffries and I drove south to Los Banos and ended up in the backside of beyond on Sunset Road. Yes, readers, we drove into the Sunset in the morning.

We met up with Sondra and Les Palocsay and several other folks - some newbies like us and some very experienced. The first thing we had to do was sign in. This involved signing in with a nickname. I was clueless so I handed the clipboard to Don and told him maybe he would like to call himself The Pirate (which is one of my nicknames for him anyway). That naturally led me to MY nickname - The Parrot. So now the team of Don and Annie Jeffries are affectionately known as Pirate and the Parrot!!

It was all about gun safety from start to finish. We learned to load the pistol, spin the cylinder the set the bullet, how to hold the gun and cock it and fire. Later, some girlfriends asked me if I felt a strong sense of power firing the gun. Oddly, I didn't feel that way at all. I was so busy concentrating on learning the routine, being safe, and trying for a bulls eye (yay, I got one), that I really wasn't feeling much of anything at all. Except a LOT of fun!!

Oh, and I beat Don on our times. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment